Thursday, May 13, 2010

Where's Dave?


Dave is my best buddy. My friend Dan introduced us back in 1985 or so. And when I moved to Chicago from DC we hung out together. We started shrine sessions a good 15 years ago where we would drink good brews and look for big thoughts. Dave was my best man at my wedding.
We take trips to the Brewers games. Dan, Dave and I visit towns and find good places to eat and drink. Best of all, Dave would come to my house and chase our boys around until they grew tired and had to go to bed. My children think of Dave as a member of the family. And so do I.
And when I worked in the office, Dave and I would chat every Monday night for years. And now it's silence.
Dan notices it, too. Dave doesn't return calls. Now to be fair, Dave was diagnosed with an irregular heart beat. We did have a long conversation about that.
It's May and I've talked to Dave maybe three times all year. That's unheard of. Where are you Dave? Come back to the family. We will cheer you up.

4 comments:

  1. I think I get Dave and H-man confused. Which one have I met?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also get confused by me and H-man. I know I have talked to Mindy. There certainly are times when the road gets a little tougher and I have a counterproductive tendency to go more on my own. Bill is a great, interesting, and quirky friend. I tremendously enjoy our talks and Shrine sessions and your family. Thanks for your comments, the wakeup call, and your friendship.

    Dave

    P.S. I have a wonderful wife who I enjoy quite a bit and I don't require another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the looks of those swings on your swing set, your friend Dave has been trying to give you the slip for about ten years.

    Hey, who lived behind you with that fantastic landscaping?

    PS: I thought you meant the other Dave, and wondered why you were worried!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're gonna have a blog, Bill, you have to post.

    ReplyDelete