Thursday, November 11, 2010

That's her wife




It caught me by surprise. It's the excellent chef Cat Cora prepping for Thanksgiving with her family. And her wife, Jennifer. Of course it's none of my business but it's just odd to see two women married.
OK, enough innocence. I did discuss this with my neighbor. She liked Mrs. Cora but did not approve of her choice in spouse. She said it sets a bad example for the family. That's the big question. Is homosexuality a learned behavior or does it come from birth? And is it a bad example? Will that couple's four children grow up to be homosexual? That would make for a wonderful study. I personally doubt they would all be gay.
And how about a mixed race couple? Or a mixed religion one? Are they poor examples as well? I showed the pictures to my oldest boy and he wondered where the husband was. That's natural I suppose. The best part of America is people can pursue happiness in their own way. They should be respected for their choices. I would like to say though that Chef Cora's corn bread recipe wasn't that good. That probably made a bigger impression to her children.

2 comments:

  1. Unless you let your children in your bedroom, what difference does it make? Love is a wonderful item in too short supply. And despite worries to the contrary, homosexuality isn't contagious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got two gay cousins, so when people ask me how I feel about them, the old standard of "blood being thicker than water" shuts down any arguments.

    ReplyDelete