Sunday, January 8, 2012

Another one of my favorite places


I must admit I was secretly stashing away gift cards to this place. I can't recall where I first found the Yard House in Glenview. It was probably TJ since he lives right around the block from it.
It's really a great place with unlimited brews. On Friday night, I, the IPA freak, found a wonderful one in Three Floyds Dreadnaught. It was wonderous with the Belgian tinges in the hop heavy brew. I had just two as that was enough. Plus, I think this lovely liquid hits close to 10 percent alcohol.

TJ and Bob joined me for drinks and appetizers. The last time I was there followed by layoff from the 20-year old job. I drank too much that day. No doubt I needed to do that following the job loss. I was well aware I was drunk while driving but I blasted tunes and stayed safe on the road. Yikes.

Anyway, the Yard House must stock more than 100 beers on tap and most of them I would gladly sample. It's a great place to celebrate and I guess drown your sorrows as well. This, time, I finished the night with a cool glass of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment