Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Brew Crew notes and fun in Milwaukee



There is another Brewers trip scheduled for next Wednesday night with the Mets. But first some memories of a few of the trips I took up there with friends. Marty M and Dino are traveling in my old Toyota Tercel. And then on the other side of 94 is a horrible sight. A truck is flipping out of control on the highway. It was stinking scary. And wonder of wonders, a big dog comes racing out of the truck and starts racing down the highway. Once we escaped this horror scene we engaged in some make believe stories. Like the dog (Rin Tin Tin?) was saying, "Get me the hell out here. This guy is a crazy driver."
What was that dog thinking anyway? Sure, it wanted to get away but was it really going to out-run cars going 60 miles per hour?
Second story. Dave and I ride up in my Mercedes. This was soon after my divorce. I was not in the best of moods. It was a terrible day outside so we sat in the Mercedes and drank our beers. After about two brews, a cop on a motorcycle came next to us and told us to get in the stadium. Sure, pal, now take a hike.
On the third beer, the cop came back. He was averaging two miles per hour on his cycle checking things out. Get this, as soon as he got my car, he slowly turned his head away from us. I swear it. Dave and I entered the game in the 5th inning. There was no score. The game got exciting once we sat down.

No comments:

Post a Comment