Friday, July 29, 2011

Advertising for the Osthoff?












It's almost perfect. The great getaway to Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. I found this place on the internet way back when and it looked so inviting. And then I forgot about it. Mainly because it was too expensive.
Flash forward to the last three or four years. Grandpa found it as well. He and his wife Betty takes the family up to the Osthoff every summer for a few days of swimming, drinking, drinking, drinking and a few meals.
The weather cooperated perfectly. I seem to be operating on auto pilot over there. Bring my IPOD and walk around town with tunes so I get a little exercise. Head for the one store in town and pick up plenty of New Glarus Brews. Kind of nutty having adults sitting by the pool all day long slowly getting blitzed on liquor. I don't recall my parents doing that.
Oh, yes, one complaint. We opted for an outdoor dinner that the Osthoff provided. The food was just fine. But then I found out they charge extra for sodas. Oh, come on now, the stinking airlines give away sodas. Still, a great experience for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment